Homestay@YPS Center is comprehensive homestay provider exclusively for international students from overseas. We respond to the needs of parents who want their children to do better. Children are given excellent care and broad range of integrated programmes and services for them to reach their individual potential. We direct our activities towards students’ success.
Homestay@YPS Center aims to provide full child-minding and homestay service tailored specifically for foreign students studying in various Singapore schools. We offer after-school tutoring, accommodation and care services all in one location.
Homestay@YPS Center is run by Allan Chua and Leela. Allan Chua is an engineer while Leela is a volunteer teacher; she is a People’s Association trainer and the founder of Youth Progress Singapore.
Singapore is a global schoolhouse which provides excellent bi-lingual educational opportunities for international students. The children under our care range from 5 to 10 years of age and we focus on children of young and middle-age urban married couples from overseas. Our track record in enhancing the learning abilities of children who took the Enrichment Programme and Student Care Programme at YPS Center speaks for itself.
Our mission is to provide quality care in a safe environment for young foreign students to stay and study in Singapore. Our long-term goal is to establish a homestay service from primary to secondary school children.
Keys to Success
- Community Support: Parents of our current students who are enrolled in our enrichment programme support the Homestay@YPS programme.
- Service Quality Delivery: Care-giving and educational programmes are provided by certified teachers and trainers.
- Safe and Secured Environment: Studetns are lodged in the teacher’s home.
- Reputation: YPS is well-known for providing excellent enrichment and student care programme
- Allan and Leela, a Singaporean English-speaking couple with an extensive academic background, operate the homestay establishment.
- Leela together with some teachers and parents founded Youth Progress Singapore (YPS), a volunteer organization in year 2010, five years after she ventured into early childhood education. YPS Center was established to provide enrichment classes students to low and middle-income families.
- In January 2013, YPS Center was started to provide enrichment classes to the heartlanders and in January 2017, student care services commenced.
Allan Chua and Leela run the daily operations and management of the programme to ensure that YPS Center provides safe and quality care, nurturing confident, capable and well-mannered children. Born in Singapore and educated in Singapore, United Kingdom and Australia, Allan and Leela understand the needs of foreign students aged 5 to 10 years of age and takes great care to meet these needs.